Vaishno Devi Helicopter Ticket
How to Book Online?
Vaishno Devi Helicopter Ticket Service
Before discussing the online booking process of Vaishno Devi Helicopter Ticket Service, let us give you a brief about the history of this widely acclaimed Holy site. The journey to the Holy Shrine of Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Ji is viewed as perhaps the holiest journey of our occasions. Widely acclaimed for the term “Manchaahi Duayein Poori Karne Wali Mata”, which implies, the Mother who delivers whatever her kids wish for, Mata Vaishno Devi Ji lives in a Holy Cave articulated as Trikoot Parvat or the Trikuta Mountain.
Each year this holy site witnesses millions of devotees visiting, paying their tributes and seeking for blessings from Mata Vaishno Devi Ji. Situated at an altitude of 5,200 feet, the route for this astonishing trek starts from Katra which is the base camp, 12 Kilometers from the main Temple.
It is unimaginable to find out when precisely the journey to the Holy Shrine began. An investigation of the Holy Cave by Geologists has shown its age to be at least a million years. As per Rigveda, the commencement of worshiping Shakti, to a great extent began in the Puranic time frame. Mother Goddess of Vaishno Devi was primarily mentioned in the epic literature of Mahabharat when Arjun seeked blessings from Mata Vaishno before stepping into the ‘War of Kurukshetra’. He referred Mata as ‘Jambookatak Chityaishu Nityam Sannihitalaye’, which signifies “You stay on the Holy Mountain slopes of Jamboo”, which is the present day state of Jammu.
How to book Vaishno Devi Helicopter Ticket?
The process of booking Vaishno Devi Helicopter Ticket is very simple and will only take 30-40 minutes. The Helicopter takes off from the lower regions of Katra and will drop you at Sanjhichatt. This visit to the sacrosanct Shrine, wrapped by the mists is the start of a stunning journey towards this Holy pilgrimage site. We have shared a step by step guide for you to book your Vaishno Devi Helicopter Ticket.
- Register yourself on the official portal of Maa Vaisno Devi if not already registered.
- Post registration you need to login again with your registered name and password.
- Click on Helicopter services; select your desired date of travel along with the number of devotees you wish to come along with.
- Your booking will be finalised post payment of the fees, and you need to take the printout of the confirmation page.
- Recheck all the passenger details for any discrepancies. You need to take the mandatory identification document with you to match with the confirmation page of the ticket. (Licence / Aadhar / Passport)
- Yatra Registration Slip is required at Helicopter ticket counter.
- ID Proof of the devotees will be required at the time of boarding.
- Your proof of travel (Bus / Train / Flight Ticket) is required by the issuing authority.
- Beware of Touts/Travel Agents taking cash for Helicopter Tickets. Only official Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board (https://www.maavaishnodevi.org) is issuing the tickets.
- Price per ticket (one side) is Rs.1045 (~14USD) plus taxes per traveler.
Points to remember:
- The Helicopters will fly subject to reasonable climate condition and visibility as recommended by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation & Air Traffic Control.
- The approximate time taken by Helicopter from Katra to Sanjichhat is 8-10 minutes. Mata Vaishno Devi Temple is around 2.5 Kilometers from Helipad Sanjichhat.
- Only 5-8 devotees can be seated in one helicopter.
- The location of Helipad is approx. 2 Km. from Bus Terminal of Katra.
Unlike other significant pilgrimage spots, Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Temple is located very deep in the hills. Despite the fact that a ton of improvements in the courses have occurred up and down the path from Katra to Bhawan, the Holy Mountain has its own constraints with respect to its ability to hold huge foot falls. In addition, the assets accessible to offer different types of assistance to the Devotees are constrained since most of the fundamental things must be conveyed either on horses or by people.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s):
Q. How can I cancel my Vaishno Devi helicopter tickets?
A. Ticket booked through Shrine Board’s site has to be cancelled online only. No solicitation for cancellation of online helicopter tickets will be engaged through any other mode except this. You can cancel your ticket by logging in to your registered account with your username and password. 70% of the ticket fees will be refunded and the rest will be charged by the Shrine board as processing charges.
Q. How many days prior to my journey I can cancel my helicopter ticket?
A. 4 days before your scheduled day of departure you can cancel your ticket.
Q. How will I get my refund for cancelled ticket?
A. The refund will be processed within 15 days and you will receive the refund in your bank account through which the payment was made initially.
Q.What if my helicopter ticket is cancelled due to bad weather?
A. In case of bad weather or any other unforeseen circumstances, you will be reimbursed with a full refund. Travelers need to submit their issued ticket at the counter to initiate the refund.
Q. Can I transfer my ticket to someone else?
A. All tickets issued are non-transferable.
Q. What is the helicopter ticket price for kids? Do I need to purchase Vaishno Devi helicopter ticket for my child?
A. If a child is below 2 years of age the ride is free provided the kid sits on their parents lap. For a child aged 2 years or more, the ticket price will be charged in full. Although a valid age proof should be brought along to avoid any confusion.
Q. How soon should I reach the boarding point?
A. It is requested to reach 1 hour prior to the time of departure.
Q. How far is bus stand from Katra helipad?
A. Just 20 minutes’ walk from the bus stand and you will reach the helipad. The distance is about 2 Kilometers.
Q. How far is Mata Vaishno Devi bhawan from Sanjichhat helipad?
A. You will reach the main temple of Mata Vaishno Devi ji in 1 hour. The approximate distance by foot is 2.5 kilometers.
Q. What are the mandatory documents for Vaishno Devi helicopter tickets?
A. You need to carry an original Photo Identification that clearly states your name, address, country and a valid clear photo of yourself. The debit card / credit card can also be asked by the ticket counter administrator to validate your helicopter ticket. In the absence of the mandatory documents you can be denied from boarding the helicopter.
Q. I am facing issues while booking my online Vaishno Devi helicopter Ticket.
A. For any issues regarding the online booking of your helicopter ticket, you can email the Shrine Board on ‘email@example.com’.
That’s all folks! In case of any queries please contact us here.