An Extreme Ride
Leh Ladakh Bike Trip
A Complete Leh Ladakh Bike Trip Package
Leh Ladakh Bike Trip Package
If your first love is motorcycle, then you ought to take the path to mountains and into luxurious greenery on this epic Leh Ladakh bike trip. Road to Ladakh is probably the most extravagant route India has. Pondered to be one of the most troublesome courses to endeavor by motorbike riders, Manali Leh Ladakh Bike Trip is likewise known to be one of the most fulfilling and magnificent routes to be included in your touring checklists.
Fasten up your helmets and be prepared for an epic Leh Ladakh bike trip you ever dreamt of. Take a quick glance at our Ladakh bike trip packages before you read this article in detail. We have segmented Ladakh bike trip into 3 stages depending upon the time availability, route coverage and rider skills.
Leh Ladakh Bike Trip
Ladakh spreads into the vast majority of Northern Himalayan locale – which has scenery just as moonscape like no anyplace else. It is generally an excursion filled with experience, environment, and philosophy, to the absolute flawless and intense region of the world.
The best time to go on a Ladakh Bike Trip is from the long periods of June to September. These months empower the bikers to appreciate the best of Ladakh, as much as they make the most of their motor bike excursion to Lahaul and Spiti. Majority of the riders plan to launch their Himalayan journey with this insane bike trip from June onwards.
Plan your ride
How to Plan
The days required for Ladakh bike trip thoroughly relies on the course you take and what you might want to cover on your undertaking. While you can start your bike trip from Delhi, there is a choice to start your exciting undertaking from Manali or fly to Leh and furthermore start your bike trip in Ladakh. To commence your Leh ladakh bike trip from Delhi, the time required would be 16-20 days, while from Manali you can cover a great deal of zones in 13 days. In case you wish to cover the entire Spiti valley along your course, this can be achieved in 15 days. On the off chance that you fly to Leh just to start your bike trip from Ladakh itself; it would absolutely take 8-9 days to have an exceptional affair.
Along these lines, contingent on the course you picked up Ladakh Bike Trip requires a minimum of 8 days and can be extended up to 20 days.
How to start
Is it a smart thought? It’s a smart thought to rent a bike from Delhi as the outing from Delhi to Manali is certainly energizing. There are various bike rental arrangements promptly accessible from Delhi. Since you are going on an adventure to Ladakh, we would propose you employ bikes which are of in excess of 350 cc’s.
On the off chance that you decide to lease a bike from Manali, you can make a deal, for anything in the middle of Rs.3000 and Rs.9000 depending upon the brand and furthermore the state of the bike. Moreover, you will likewise need to pay a security sum, as a deposit before you can avail the rental services. The bike rental organization will unquestionably be keeping a identity evidence (Passport, etc) till the bike is returned.
Note: In case you are riding for the first time, it is advisable to take a tour guide, mechanic and a group leader with you. If you are with a group of more than 5 to 6 riders, it is economical to ask a tour operator for their services.
Choose your ride
Best Bike For Leh Ladakh Road Trip
Every biker must give their complete consideration to their first loved bike. One must be extremely cautious and fastidious with regards to picking their Leh Ladakh Adventure Bike. So at whatever point you’re picking a bike for any excursion, ensure you go for appropriateness more than prominence. Think of it as one of the most imperative parts of your Leh Ladakh trip essentials!
Settling on the sort of bike that one can without much of a stretch handle and is anything but difficult to keep up, has constantly demonstrated to be supportive for ventures like Leh Ladakh bike trip. Consequently, the 3 best bikes for Leh Ladakh bike trip are:
- Royal Enfield Standard or Classic: Proven to be the best bike for Ladakh bike trip, this bike is powered by either 350cc engine or a 500cc engine. Either of the two are good to go without any questions asked!
- Royal Enfield Himalayan: Build for all kind of road, 410 Himalayan is also known as a dual purpose bike as it is basically a street bike as well as an off roader.
- KTM: Choosing a light weight bike can be beneficial on the rocky roads of Himalayas. With the arrangement of new motor variations of Duke 390, and Duke 250, KTM can be a decent decision for bike excursions to Ladakh as well.
Taking the above bikes into consideration, there are few more suggested brands in case you want to try your hands on something different; BMW GS, Bajaj Dominar 400, Honda Africa Twin, and Triumph Tiger.
Plan Your Route
Route 1: Leh Ladakh Circuit
Course Map: Leh → Lamayuru →Turtuk → Nubra → Pangong → Tso Moriri → Tso Kar → Leh
Total Distance: ~1,450 KMS
Route 2: Manali-Ladakh-Manali
Course Map: Manali → Sarchu → Leh → Khardung La → Nubra Valley → Pangong → Tsomoriri → Manali
Total Distance: ~1,650 KMS
Route 3: Delhi-Manali-Spiti-Ladakh-Manali-Delhi
Course Map: Delhi → Manali → Kalpa → Tabo → Kaza → Chandratal → Sarchu → Leh → Khardung La → Nubra Valley → Leh→ Delhi
Total Distance: ~2,650 KMS
Budget on Leh Ladakh Bike Trip
- Hotels: There are ton accommodations in Ladakh wherein one can discover simple convenience alternatives inside the scope of INR 3500 to INR 7,500 for a single room as per the data from Tripadvisor. Henceforth, the rate for a boutique hotel room with the best of enhancements, and solace, can cost you INR 3500 to INR 7,500 every night for each individual relying upon whether you need a considerably good stay or an extravagance.
- Fuel: You really need to be economical with respect to the fuel of your bike since you’ll be covering a separation of above 2000 Km. Of the considerable number of bikes that have been thought of, the normal mileage in mountains is around 15~20 KM/L. This implies you’ll be requiring around 140 liters of fuel for your bike.
- Food: The expense of meal relies upon the decision of the rider whether the individual in question likes to eat at a small joint or a café. Eating at a small food joint may cost you less compared with typical or somewhat energetic café.
- Extras: It is an absolute necessity to save some measure of cash aside for permits, shopping or in an event of crisis.
Places To Visit
- Pangong Tso
Famously known as the Pangong Lake, this wonder of Ladakh is an absolute necessary visiting spot on your Leh Ladakh bike trip. Situated in the core of Himalayas, the lake extends around 135 KMS offering sparkling perspectives in a state of harmony with the provincial mountains. The lake is magnanimous to such an extent that 60% of lake is stretched to China making it probably the biggest lake in Asia.
- Zanskar Valley
Tones of alleviating blue and dark colors must be seen at the well-known Zanskar Valley which is encompassed by the magnificent snow-clad tops on all sides. One visit to the clamoring Valley makes certain to leave you enchanted until the end of time. In winters, the river solidifies, allowing travelers to do the well-known ‘Chadar Trek’.
- Namgyal Tsemo Gompa
Much celebrated to be one of the well-known cloisters in Ladakh, Namgyal Tsemo Gompa or Namgyal Tsemo Monastery is found right in the core of Leh region. It is accepted that Ladakh’s King Tashi Namgyal established the religious community in 1430 that fills in as a home to the well-known brilliant statue of Maitreya Buddha. You can even have a look of it from the highest point of Royal Palace, Leh. On the off chance that you are remaining in the town of Leh, this is perhaps the best spot to visit close by.
Jewels of Ladakh
There are a portion of elating activities you ought to consider on your Leh Ladakh bike trip.
- Hemis Monastery
Arranged 45 kilometers from the town of Leh, Hemis Abbey has existed before the eleventh century however was restored in 1672. It is a Tibetan convent which is the most extravagant and furthermore most noteworthy spot in Ladakh, it additionally has the greatest of all Thangka paints. Hemis religious community is responsible for the mainstream yearly festival held in the respect of Lord Padmasambhava; it is completely one of the most enthralling of all celebrations situated on the planet, especially the spiritualist mask dance known as Chams.
- Shanti Stupa
Roosted on a slope, the celebrated Shanti Stupa is set at 4267 meters above sea level. Offering all-encompassing perspectives on Leh, it is an absolute necessity for the riders to witness either dawn or dazzling evening from the Shanti Stupa. It is perhaps the best spot to discover harmony and peacefulness. You may likewise discover relics of old Buddhism culture inside the place of worship.
- Nubra Valley
Calmness; it is the one thing that strikes the riders after visiting to the famous Nubra Valley. The valley is prevalently known as “the valley of blossoms” alludes to the wonderful and brilliant sprouting blossoms that merit a visit to the Nubra Valley. It is outstanding amongst other discovered fortunes of Ladakh that you should visit on your bike trip to Ladakh.
- Tso Moriri Lake
Cuddled at a secluded region in the more prominent Himalayan reaches, the magnificent Tso Moriri Lake is comprehended to be the biggest snow-capped lake in India. Located at a rise of more than 15,000 feet over the sea level in a treacherous mountain area, it seems like the endowment of nature. On account of its elevation and challenging route, it typically sees a less number of riders. The geology of desolate slopes mixed with the calmness looks amazing. The haziness of the environment can be found in the sky blue waters of the lake.
- Khardung La
This is a dream destination for any rider and this spot has to be in your checklist. Khardung La or Khardung Pass is situated at a height of 17,580 feet. What’s more? This is among the highest motorable roads on the earth. Your Leh Ladakh bike trip plan is inadequate without adding a ride through the “Land of High Pass”.
Must Do Experiences
- Leh Palace
Constructed in 1553 AD, the 19 stories high Leh Palace was probably the tallest structure on earth all through that time. It was the home of the regal family till the mid-nineteenth century when the Dogra powers assaulted Ladakh and furthermore the regal family was forced to move elsewhere. In spite of the fact that in ruins right now, the royal habitation is presently being re-established by the National Government of India. The regal living arrangement likewise has an exhibition which holds a rich assortment of adornments, decorations, ceremonial dresses and crowns. The works of art in the exhibition hall are more prominent than Chinese thangka canvases.
- Magnetic Hill
Feel the draw of nature and experience at Magnetic Hill, a witchcraft of nature! Enchantment and Magnetic Hill go connected at the hip. Encompassed by the Sindhu waterway on all sides, Magnetic Hills ascend to a stature of around 14,000 feet. also, have a novel sort of attractive power that pulls the bikes and cars on a elevated slope. Sounds mystical, right? Attempt it yourself!
- Drass Valley
Celebrated for its normal natural aquifers that are honored with therapeutic advantages, Drass Valley is situated in the core of Kargil region, Jammu and Kashmir. Famous to be the second coldest occupied district on the planet, Drass Valley finds some kind of harmony between the lavish greens, mitigating blues, and intense tans. The distinct difference of nature in the valley of Dras will make you spell bound.
Things to Pack
Going on a bike trip resembles hiking through the most unpleasant of mountains. It is an undertaking which needs pressing to be light yet all the essential necessities should be conveyed along. Remember the underneath referenced Leh Ladakh bike trip checklist while pressing your things.
- Carry a durable helmet and utilize it constantly while you’re riding.
- Driving permit.
- It is an unquestionable requirement to convey a medical aid unit for yourself and a toolbox for your bike.
- A couple of calfskin coats are an unquestionable requirement to skim through wind and beat the cold breeze.
- Sweatshirts, pants, tees, shirts, thermal wear, socks, towels, tissues, and other things that you feel essential.
- Carry an additional pair of tough trekking boots.
- Match your boots with an additional pair of gloves.
- Carry a physical guide book for better route understanding and clear courses.
- Regardless of your requirement take a flash torch with you.
- Swiss Army Knife
- Carry fundamental toiletries like sanitizers, toothbrush, mouthwash, cold creams, and so forth.
- Camps can be effortlessly leased though one can convey them according to their degree of solace.
- Sunscreen with SPF more than 60 to shield your skin from direct daylight.
Things to Know
- Defying the norms on one of the most perilous and most noteworthy motorable streets can be fatal. Subsequently, for the good of your own and security, follow the rules and drive carefully.
- In case you’re taking the course of Manali to Leh, it is prescribed to convey additional containers of fuel aside from the full-tanks as there are just two gas stations on this course.
- It is prudent that you figure out how to change a bike tire in the event that your bike endures any punctures. For the remainder of the occasions, one can discover numerous mechanics en route on both the courses.
- Convey vital medications with you on the off chance that you, your accomplice, or your companions with whom you’re voyaging experience the ill effects of AMS.
- Prepaid mobile network will not be available. It is advisable to check with your network provider before you purchase a post-paid connection plan in terms of network availability. BSNL is the main network; Jio is yet to establish its presence there.
- There are few ATMs at Leh, convey enough money with you all the time.
- Apply for an Inner Line Permit to visit the remote regions like Tso Moriri, Chushul, Merak, Loma, Mahe, Hanle, and that’s just the beginning.
Q. How to reach Leh?
A. Leh is associated with significant urban areas like New Delhi (Capital of India), Jammu and Srinagar via airlines. You can without much of a stretch reach to the air terminal and start your biking trip.
Q. What is the best season to visit Ladakh?
A. You can visit Ladakh all around the year, contingent on your own wants, notwithstanding, the traveling season tops from May till October.
Q. What clothes to pack for Ladakh Bike trip
In the late spring season, you don’t require unique garments except for a sweater with one to 2 jackets and warm caps, yet for a bike trip, full biking gear with coats, pants, knee-cushions, and boots are fundamental.
Q. Is it safe to ride a bike in Ladakh?
The streets in the mountains are brimming with stuns with unexpected pin-twist turns and furthermore principally thin, so one needs to ride the bike with most extreme caution and not speeding if the streets are tight.
Q. What is the Inner Line Permit?
ILP (Inner Line Permit) is a permit provided by Administration of India which empowers a visitor to travel to an ensured region for a limited time. Getting this permission is required for all the inhabitants. International travelers visiting Ladakh are required to get Ladakh Protected Area License (PAP) before entering this district. The Inner Line Permit, or ILP, represents a span of 3 weeks for Indians, and 1 week for foreign nationalities. There is no restriction on the number of visits you make inside the time period as long as you have the fundamental grants with you.
Q. Do we require Inner line Permit in Leh Ladakh?
The administration had made it necessary to get an Inner line grant for Domestic and International explorers visiting a portion of the ensured territories of Ladakh. Securing Inner line permit might be an awkward undertaking loaded up with long stretches of remaining in a long line; moreover it gets more painful on weekends.
To tackle this problem, the administration has launched a web portal whereby one can apply for inner line permit (ILP) beforehand.
Q. Which Areas Need ILP (Inner Line Permit)?
Inner line Permit isn’t required for setting off to all the territories. All things considered, it is just required for certain zones like Khardung La, Pangong Tso,Nubra Valley, Tso Moriri, Dah, Hans Towns, Man, Merak, Turtuk, Tyakshi, Chusul, Nyoma, Loma Bend, Hanle, Miner La, Tangyar